Personalized Prophylaxis Proven Effective with NUWIQ
FVIII Treatment Tailored to Your Unique Needs
Getting the best out of FVIII therapy can be challenging–finding the right balance between dose and dosing frequency to prevent or decrease bleeding while minimizing side effects, optimizing convenience, and controlling your overall treatment costs. Each person living with hemophilia is different, so a “one size fits all” approach to FVIII prophylaxis is not ideal.
Personalized prophylaxis is a treatment method where your FVIII dose and dosing frequency is customized to your unique pharmacokinetic data. Personalized prophylaxis with NUWIQ has the potential to improve care and reduce the number of your infusions.3
- Pharmacokinetics, or PK, describes how coagulation factors, like Factor VIII (FVIII) are absorbed, distributed through the body, broken down (metabolized), and eliminated3
- A PK test can help your doctor determine your ideal starting dose, maintenance dose, and dosing interval (how often you need to infuse).3
The NuPreviq trial studied PK-guided personalized prophylaxis in adult patients with severe Hemophilia A. The study included:
- 66 previously treated adult patients with severe Hemophilia A
- A 72-hour PK assessment
- 6 months of PK-guided personalized prophylaxis based on individual PK information
were Spontaneous Bleed Free
Dosing or Less
- Shapiro AD, Korth-Bradley J, Poon M-C. Use of pharmacokinetics in the coagulation factor treatment of patients with haemophilia. Haemophilia 2005;11:571–582.
- Lissitchkov T, Rusen L, Georgiev P, et al. PK-guided personalized prophylaxis with NUWIQ (human-cl rhFVIII) in adults with severe haemophilia A. Haemophilia. 2017; April:1-7 (DOI: 10.1111/hae.13251).
- Shapiro AD, Korth-Bradley J, Poon M-C. Use of pharmacokinetics in the coagulation factor treatment of patients with haemophilia. Haemophilia.