POWERFUL BLEEDING CONTROL Prophylaxis With NUWIQ Markedly Reduced Bleeding Frequency2
In Clinical Trials of Standard Prophylaxis With NUWIQ in Adult (N=32) and Pediatric (N=59) Patients Treated for ≥6 Months2*
Prophylaxis Treatment with NUWIQ in Adults
in a study with 32 adults treated with prophylaxis for 6 months or more5 (median Annual Bleed Rate (ABR) was 0.9)
Prophylaxis treatment with NUWIQ in Children
in a study with 59 children treated with prophylaxis for 6 months or more5 (median Annual Bleed Rate (ABR) was 1.9)
EFFECTIVE BLEEDING RESOLUTION
On-Demand Treatment Readily Controlled Bleeding2
in Adults & Adolescents
Ages 6 - 12
Ages 2 - 5
NUWIQ has high binding affinity to VWF2
- Von Willebrand Factor (VWF) is another coagulation factor and has a naturally long half-life2
- This means that it stays in the body for a long time and is available to help the blood clot when it’s needed
- FVIII can benefit from this long half-life by staying in the body longer if it binds strongly to VWF8
- The longer the FVIII can remain in the body, the longer it can be available to help the blood to clot
- Sandberg H, et al. Thromb Res.2012;130:808-817.
- Casademunt E, et al. Eur J Haematol. 2012;89:165-176.
- Kannicht C, et al. Thromb Res. 2013;131:78-88.
- Iorio A, Puccetti P, Makris M. Clotting factor concentrate switching and inhibitor development in hemophilia A. Blood. 2012;120(4):720-727.
- CDC Inhibitor Fact Sheet.
- van den Berg HM. Different impact of Factor VIII production inhibitor development? Thrombosis J. 2016;14(suppl 1):55-58.
- Peyvandi F, Mannucci PM, Garagiola I, et al. N Engl J Med. 2016;374:2054-2064.
- NUWIQ Full Prescribing Information. Hoboken, NJ: Octapharma; 2015.