NUWIQ Proven Safe in PTPs and PUPs
NUWIQ Safety in Previously Treated Patients (PTPs)
If you or a member of your family has been living with Hemophilia A, you’ve gained valuable experience over the years with treating and managing all different kinds of bleeds. Joint bleeds, muscle bleeds – you’ve seen it all. And over the years, you’ve probably tried more than one FVIII product to find the one that works best for you. One that provides protection against bleeds, has proven safety and offers flexible dosing and easy administration. Having choices is good. And working with your doctor to choose a product that’s right for you is one of the most important decisions you’ll make.
Zero Inhibitors with PTPs Who Switched to NUWIQ
In clinical studies with PTPs (N=135) who switched to NUWIQ, there were zero FVIII inhibitors after > 50 exposure days and > 6 months of treatment2,3
- Zero patients experienced anaphlylaxis, a very serious allergic reaction
- Zero patients experienced serious adverse reactions to NUWIQ
- Zero patients dropped out of the study because of adverse reaction to NUWIQ
- Zero deaths were reported
Understanding Inhibitor Risk in Previously Untreated Patients (PUPs)
The development of inhibitors to plasma-derived FVIII (pdFVIII) or recombinant FVIII (rFVIII) is the most serious complication of therapy for patients with Hemophilia.4 Once inhibitors develop, they can significantly impair the effectiveness of FVIII treatment, making it more difficult to stop or prevent bleeding episodes.2 In most cases, inhibitor risk is directly related to the number of exposure days (EDs) during initial treatment with FVIII, often developing in the first 20 EDs.1
in PUPs treated with rFVIII from hamster cells
in PUPs treated with plasma-derived FVIII
NuProtect: NUWIQ Safety in PUPs2
The safety of NUWIQ in PUPs with severe Hemophilia A is being studied in a clinical trial called NuProtect.3
- The trial will evaluate 110 PUPs, making NuProtect the largest prospective study with a single FVIII product.
- In an early, or interim, analysis from NuProtect, data from 66 PUPs treated with NUWIQ was evaluated
in PUPs treated with NUWIQ made from human cells*
- Kannicht C, et al. Thromb Res. 2013;131:78-88.
- Iorio A, Puccetti P, Makris M. Clotting factor concentrate switching and inhibitor development in hemophilia A. Blood. 2012;120(4):720-727.
- CDC Inhibitor Fact Sheet.
- van den Berg HM. Different impact of Factor VIII production inhibitor development? Thrombosis J. 2016;14(suppl 1):55-58