NUWIQ Convenient and Flexible Dosing
NUWIQ offers physicians and nurses the convenience of flexible dosing for children and adults, and a wide range of dosage strength vials with the lowest, 2.5 ml diluent volume among currently approved FVIII products.
NUWIQ dosing for routine prophylaxis in children and adults1
|Patients||Dose (IU/kg)||Frequency of Infusions|
|Adolescents (12-17) and adults||30-40||Every other day|
|Children (2-11 years)||30-50||Every other day or 3 times per week|
NUWIQ dosing for on-demand treatment and control of bleeding in children and adults
|Type of Bleeding Episodes||Required Peak Post-Infusion factor VIII Activity (% of Normal or IU/dL)||Frequency of Dosing (hours)||Duration of Therapy (days)|
Superficial muscle or soft tissue and oral bleeds
|20-40||12-24||At least 1 day, until the bleeding episode of resolved|
|Moderate to Major
Hemorrhage into muscles, unto oral cavity, hermarthrosis, known trauma
|30-60||12-24||for 3-4 days or more until the bleeding episode is resolved|
Intracranial, intra-abdominal, gastrointestinal or intrathoracic bleeds, central nervous system bleeds, bleeding in retropharyngeal spaces or ilioposas sheath, eyes, retina, fractures, or head trauma.
|60-100||8-24||Until bleeding risk is resolved|
Dosing Flexibility with NUWIQ
- NUWIQ offers a broad range of dosage strengths with the lowest, 2.5 ml diluent volume among currently approved FVIII products.
- Available in 250 IU, 500 IU, 1000 IU, 2000 IU, 2500 IU, 3000 IU, and 4000 IU vials
- Larger single-dose vials of 2500, 3000 and 4000 IU offer greater flexibility and convenience for patients requiring larger volumes of FVIII.
- All NUWIQ vial sizes are reconstituted with an easy-to-use 2.5 ml syringe, pre-filled with water for injection.
- Each NUWIQ box comes with a vial adapter, butterfly needle, and alcohol swabs in addition to the NUWIQ vial and pre-filled syringe.
- Keep NUWIQ in its original box in the refrigerator to protect it from exposure to light
- NUWIQ can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 months at 36-46°F (2-8°C)
- NUWIQ can be kept at room temperature (up to 77°F [25°C]) for a single period not exceeding 3 months
- After being stored at room temperature, NUWIQ must not be put back into the refrigerator
- NUWIQ Full Prescribing Information. Hoboken, NJ: Octapharma USA, Inc.; 2015.